Yesterday I was at the grocery store, shopping for a Valentine's Day card for my dear husband, when my eye fell on this one, labelled "hangable weaving."
Those of you who hang out on Pinterest will recognize the style. There's a type of tapestry weaving that's very hot these days, featuring white backgrounds, simple shapes in pastel hues, and fringe, lots of fringe. This little weaving does have a tiny dowel rod at the top, so I suppose it is "hangable."
But on closer inspection, it's not "weaving" at all.
It's machine-knitted, at least the background is. The heart motifs may also be machine-knit, or possibly machine embroidered; it's hard to tell. I couldn't bring myself to plunk down $7.99 so I could bring it home and take it apart. But I can assure you there is no weaving here.
Weavers of the world, we have our work cut out for us!

