Though obviously TSA in Milwaukee has a great sense of humor. The official-looking sign says, Reconbobulation Area. What a great word to describe the place for fetching your valuables from the x-ray conveyor belt, putting your shoes and belt and jewelry back on and so on. Reconbobulation.
That's been what's going on in the studio since I returned from Convergence too. Reconbobulation: remembering, Oh yeah, that's where I was with this tapestry/sketchbook/this other tapestry/scarf warp/new class ideas. . . . Oh yeah. Back to work.
![]() |
| Red This, (c) Molly Elkind |
Here's the collage that inspired the next piece, and the yarns I'll use. Though I may choose a brighter blue than the indigo ball resting on the white. It'll be fun to try to weave that dictionary page in the background! I'm thinking pick-and-pick.
On the floor loom I'm working on an infinity scarf in alpaca-silk and tencel, commissioned by my very patient sister-in-law:
![]() |
![]() |
| Tapestry, working title M3. (c) Molly Elkind. Another in my Mary series. |
And the survey of works in progress wouldn't be complete without a peek at the diary:
![]() |
| Tapestry Diary of the liturgical year |





